Friday, May 29, 2009

Motivation

If there's one thing I lack on my days off, it's generally motivation to do something productive. My day off should never be more work than my days I do work... but sometimes they are. My apartment is normally a bit of a mess from constant guests and a fiance that doesn't really pick up after himself... He's in the "I had to do this when I lived with my parents I'm not going to do this now that I'm on my own" phase still... so I'm the one who sometimes has to follow him around pick up dirty dishes. But I really don't mind because he helps me out in alot of other ways, and since I only work part time, it's not too hard of a task for me to get the dishes thrown in the dishwasher.

I'm also battling a never ending pile of laundry. Our roomate recently moved out leaving us with a spare bedroom for the next couple of months and I've completely filled it to the brim with all of our clothes. I plan over the next couple weeks to sit down and do a major closet cleanup, Ryan and I have clothes in there we haven't worn since highschool! Which was 4 years ago for me and 6 years ago for him! I also hope this will help me get through the laundry. I wish I could have a clothes line, and a bigger dryer. Our dryer takes about 2 hours just to dry one small load of laundry. Because we have ensuite we have one of those little plug in anywhere dryers... which I don't understand considering we pay the hydro. I may even just save my coins and have Ryan drive me to a laundry mat one day so I can get it done in one sweep. After that I plan on getting into a schedule.

I found an amazing schedule whilst playing on stumble upon, that really helped me put house cleaning into a simple perspective. They recommended to get into a schedule for everything, assign a different room to a different day of the week and spend 15-30 minutes doing all the cleaning. Have one day of the week where you wash all your sheets and towels, and then for two people do your laundry every 3-4 days.

I also have a tonne of organizing I want to do while I have this spare room. My closet has about 6-7 boxes still packed from when I moved here. Some are still packed from my last apartment. That I want to go through and clear out. Lots of school projects that I don't need anymore, lots of things that can be made of better use by someone else. I wish I had a yard so we could have a yard sale. Oh well though.

Once all of the cleaning and organzing is done... I plan to have this done by the end of June, preferably by the end of next week even. I'm turning the spare bedroom into a sewing room for the next couple months and probably going to devote alot of my spare time to sewing, mainly for the fashion show that Leanne and I are doing in July. But also to get my rave line off the ground and online this summer. We'll see how it goes though!

For now though I have the motivation to get this train started again so enough blogging for now, it's time to clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment