Sunday, June 7, 2009

Busy Bee






So you've probably noticed by now it's been a few days since I've updated my "daily log" I think I'm probably gonna slow down on that, I doubt anyone's really interested in what I eat everyday, plus I feel if I'm posting that, I'm less motivated to make actual posts. So I'll give a brief update on what I've been up to.

About a month ago my friend Leanne and I took on the task of designing for the pride fashion show, and I'm over the moon about it, I think it's a great opportunity for me! However now that our designs are done, I just feel like it's been one pain in the bum after another, and I'm sure it will all be worth it. At the first rehearsal, only 6 of the models showed up, 8 by the end, who has now dropped out. So we only have measurements for 6 girls out of 10. Our designs are very specific in the way that we want them to come out on the runway, We got a fair way into our pattern making on Friday when we received an email informing us that the model order had been changed, and that there would only be 8 models in the set now, instead of 10, meaning there would have to be a quick change, which I'm nervous our outfits won't provide the time for. We get the order sorted out and get on a roll again... and we run out of paper. *sigh* I picked up more paper, and went to start cutting out my fabric today... and realized we forgot to pick up one of our main fabrics... another big pain. So it just seems like it's one little road block after another, none of them are hard to overcome, just slightly time consuming when we don't have very much time to spend on this. (Sneak preview of the designs, our set is called "The evolution of Chic" and each outfit is inspired by a decade in the 1900's straight through to slightly futuristic)

I got alot of other stuff accomplished today though, Ryan and I made it out to the Super Walmart and picked up a couple packs of the business card paper and got all the tickets for my buck and doe printed off. I also started working on my wedding invitations today, and got the first one done, well the prototype one done, and also a template to be able to cut out the rest, I look forward to being able to get to work on them!

I've got the next 2 days off and will hopefully be able to get through alot more sewing and patternmaking, I also hope to start getting through some other business plans that I have set out for the summer, but we'll leave those for another entry when I have something more set in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment